Thursday, September 15, 2011

How do I change the fog light bulb on a 1996 Saab 900 S?

I cant figure out how to get the back cover off of the light. I havent completely removed the light from the car, but I can get to the back of it by removing the air breather box but I cant seem to figure out how to remove the black back cap from the light itself.
How do I change the fog light bulb on a 1996 Saab 900 S?
I am having the same problem. Typically, when I have issues, I go to www.thesaabsite.com and often find solutions. Today (24 DEC) I tried changing driver-side Fog light - it's not an easy task. The passenger may actually be easier, although it does have more screws. The grill does not require removal, but the turn-signal assembly has to. There are 2 screws directly under (beneath the bumper), but there is a third also. Soon as the weather breaks, I'll go ahead and remove a small portion of the under-bumper cover and give it another try. Go here: http://www.thesaabsite.com/93/93foglightreplacement.htm ... and read more. I imagine that the rates I have seen for a complete replacement of the FOG light ranged from $130-$176. Sounds a bit high, but it appears to be the variable average rate. I bought a spare bulb at a local auto parts store, but I am certain that the quality (brightness) would not be the same as a genuine part. Good luck. I hope I've been of some help.